Saturday 2 June 2018

Activated Charcoal scrub by Marjaan Botanicals Review

Share it Please
I said goodbye to bar soap a long time ago when I suspected it to be as one of the culprits for causing acne on my face so when i picked up this Activated Charcoal scrub by @marjaanbotanicals my heart thumped in a painful way and all those memories of bad skin days flashed before my eyes, lol I have to stop being so over dramatic.

I have beeb using this handmade bar scrub three times a week on my face for 1 month so here are my final thoughts. This contains some notable ingredients like activated charcoal, fullers earth, neem, turmeric powder, extra virgin olive oil
Packaging: wrapped quite beautifully in  paper (in my excitement I unwrapped the paper and then realized I was supppse to take a picture for a blog) and then placed in a hand made cotton pouch I love the presentation of the product
The bar weights 120 gms and fits the palm of the hand quite well. There are visible charcoal particles ( in variable size) running through out the bar. Unlike many bar soaps this maintains its shape and does not become mushy in water. I have used this in shower on my back and it retained it shape and hardness.there is a mild herbal scent to it.
This is a foaming scrub. To get the foam you have to rub this several times across the palm with water to get lather but if you use the bar directly on the skin like it did there will be less foam. The charcoal particles do a fantastic job of removing dead skin cells. My skin feels soft and smooth every time after I use this. I get a lot of break outs on my back in summer so I decided to test this on my back to find out if it helps with acne and I was surprised how this reduced the pimple on my back.
This bar scrub has restored my trust in bar soap 💞😂. If you have sensitive skin or problematic acne skin I suggest you give this a try because its cruelty free, hand made, natural, paraben free, sls free,triclosan free and fragrance free

1 comment: