Sunday 5 August 2018

[REVIEW] CLIO Nudism Velvetwear Cushion SPF50+ PA+++

Share it Please
Everyone has beeen raving about  the ''Kill Cover'' line by ''Club Clio'' so I decided to pick some thing new from the brand to see if it was as good as the latter.

Features


  • Hexagonal flat particles adhere lightly and finely to the skin and cover the skin naturally.
  • Line smoothing primer covers the rough wrinkles and pores with a smooth, velvety texture.
  • Spring water and anti-darkening film powder keep the skin bright without darkening and oiliness.

Now the first thing that I noticed was that Clio is very extravagant when it comes to packaging their cushion foundations. This box is quite large as you can see and inside the cushion case and refill are fixed in the plastic moulding


Coming to the case this has a pretty nude pink case (which btw is very hard to photograph) the sleek packaging made out of good quality plastic feels velvety on touch. (What kimd of sorcery is this ) the case is not too bulky if compared to my missha cushion case. The packaging really highlights the expensive vibes of this cushion 💞


Inside there is good size mirror along with a large air puff sponge applicator. The air puff is in the same nude shade. It feels very soft and bouncy on touch. Plus the strap of the puff  looks sturdy and well stiched ( I hope it survives all the washes )


When I tore off the seal I was happy to see the dark shade of the cushion. I chose Shade 3 ''Linen'' because its summer and my face looks relatively tanned so I picked a shade darker than what I normally wear so that I could use this in summer. But to my dismay this turned out lighter than what I expected.

 Now the color is not straight on chalk white its just that there is a white cast like effect. A little bit of bronzer/contour along the side of my face and hairline fixes this problem so its not a complete disappointed plus the coverage is sheer so so I can still see my skin color.

The texture is very thin and watery and has semi matte finish. You do need a concealer with this foundation as it deliverys sheer to medium coverage. The formula blurs out pores, evens out skin tone but the blemishes and spots are still noticeable.

Even though I was disappointed in term of shade I like the finish and sheer coverage because it gives an illusion of my skin by better. I think this ahde will be a better match for me in winters when my skin turns a shade or two lighter.

The lasting power is good. I tested this in humid weather and this survived the overload of sweat, sebum and moisture on my face. The finish turned dewy after 4 hours but it held on well without rubbing off or turning patchy. After 8hrs of wear it looked decent and my face still looked presentable. Dusting a layer of translucent setting powder on top definitely helps with the dewiness

 Clio has another cushion in the Nudism line called the Water Grip Cushion. I have seen mixed reviews regarding that product. But this definitely is a very good cushion for all skin types. The  shade selection is admittedly very limited just 4 shades all catering to lighter skin tones but If you have light, blemish free skin and you are seaeching for a light weight semi matte foundation give this a go.


Even though this is expensive for a cushion the free refill makes it some what economical.
This Clio cushion has lived upto the hype and now I am tempted to try out more base products from the brand

You can purchase this cushion here for 24.98$ 

17 comments:

  1. Wifey is a big follower of your posts and takes your advice pretty seriously. The other day I saw her amazoning some of the products that you recommended. Im sure this will be on her list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I like the idea of the free refill. It looks like a product that would be handy to pop in your purse for the 'just incase' scenarios. I do appreciate the indepth review of it, not sure about the coverage though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say your review on this product is impeccable. I'm not a person that is interested in beauty products but after reading this I'm intrigued to try them.

    -Young Writers Pro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def adding this to my list! You gave such a great review and it seems this may be the product for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally rely on experts such as you when it comes to recommendations on cosmetics! Since we are on the move mostly, the skin care gets left behind at times. I have seen a similar product in stores and was wondering how to apply them. But Velvetwear looks like a good product. Thanks for this review. Will be on a look out to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like that it glides on perfectly. It's definitely a great cushion if you want a good coverage for your skin with a matte finish too. It's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for introducing me to the Clio makeup line. I've heard phenomenal things about Korean makeup and skincare, and we've started using many Korean skincare products in our home. The Nudism cushion compact looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Korean makeup and skincare caters with so many benefits. This nudism cushion seems perfect coverage for skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of makeup but a little compact won't hurt. I would love to buy this one looks pretty flawless on skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a neat little product to have in one's collection. My favourite part is the high SPF factor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard about that brand before but it seems to be really good! Need to check if they deliver it to Europe too!

    Kate, http://elysianmoment.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of the Clio makeup line but I have heard great things about Korean makeup lines. Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time I am hearing of this brand and I like what I see. The product looks great. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There seems a CLIO store here in Manila, but have no time to visit yet. I will check this cushion coz its intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard about this brand before but I love the colors so much! Thank you for your recommendations, useful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always looking for some new products for my skin. I am a make up addict so I am adding this to my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not really a fan of makeup. But this is a great foundation. I've had foundations before but I get to use them only a week before I forget all over that I have foundation lol

    ReplyDelete