Tuesday 21 August 2018

[Review] Secret Key Lemon Sparkling Cleansing Foam & Lemon Sparkling Peeling Gel

Share it Please
I am reviewing two amazing budget friendly products by Secret Key from the Lemon Sparkling range.

I tried the peeling gel from the same  lemon sparkling range by Secret Key and was so impressed that I got myself the foam wash to go along with it .

Features
Lemon water, lemon extract, and carbonated water eliminate skin wastes.
Ample and creamy bubbles smoothly cleanse sebum and skin wastes.
Glycerin and betaine help keep the dry skin moist after cleansing.

Contains citric acid to exfoliate and brighten skin. The foam clears pores and removes dirt and sebum from the skin
Since I have oily/ dehydrated skin I prefer foam wash as one they feel so refreshing in the morning and two they do an excellent job of cleaning my face.


 Ingredients
Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Lauric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, PEG-90, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Betaine, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Water (90ppm), Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract (10ppm), Carbonated Water (47ppm), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (47ppm), Collagen, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Donkey milk, Alpha-Bisabolol, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Hyaluronic Acid

What surprised me most was that this contains ingredients for mosturizing and nourishing skin.


The packaging is a regular flip cap tube which holds 120 ml of product. I find the bright yellow packaging very pleasant on the eyes.

The cleanser inside has a creamy texture. A little is required to form foam. I take a dollop of this cleanser on the palm of my hand massage with a bit if water and viola there is tons of foam created.

The scent resembles that of a lemon drink. It citrusy but not bad smelling or too strong. I prefer using it in the morning as this smells very refeshing. The cleanser is a not on drying side so if you have dry skin you can totally use this and  load up on moisturizer afterward  for oily to combination skin this is really good specially in humid and summer weather when skin becomes all clogged up and greasy.

I didnt notice any skin irritation or break outs after using this cleanser, there wasn't any significant reduction in blackheads but this does temporarily brighten the complexion after use.

For the price this is a good cleanser. It does the job and is very friendly on the pocket.This is available for 8.94$ on Jolse Website

Secret Key Lemon Sparkling Peeling Gel 🍋


This has been one of the HG exfoliators in asian beauty community and I am so glad I tried this out.

Features
Lemon water, lemon extract, and carbonated water eliminates skin wastes.
The mild peeling gel tends the skin with a moist and fresh finish.
Natural ingredients provide moisture and soothes the stimulated skin.

Though the scent is a little on the artificial side ( lemon soda ) the results which this delivers is amazing. There is a lot of citrus and other fruit extracts in the ingredient list. I have noticed that this visibly brightens complexions, removes the dry patches and flaky skin leaving behind soft skin
Ingredients:
Purified Water,  Cetrimonium Chloride, Cellulose, Propylene Glycol, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract,  Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Lemon Fruit Water (90ppm), Lemon Fruit Extract (10ppm), Carbonated Water (47ppm), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water (47 ppm), Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Brown Algae Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract,  1, 2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance
I like to use this before shower as it can be a little messy

The liquidy /gel balls up on massaging and gently removes the dead cells from the skin without any irritation.
For me this balled up more on my cheek and nose area.  I find this gentle enough for everyday use. I prefer using this before washing my face with a cleanser as this is meant to be used on dry skin so I like to remove the dead cells on my skin follow up with a cleanser to get rid of any left over gel and then continue with the rest of my skincare routine. Since this is messy ( bits of balled up debris falling every where I use this 2-3 times before taking a shower.


The gel has more of a watery consistency ( maybe because the weather is too hot )  and is very easy to spread around the face. I refrain from massaging my skin as it stimulates the oil glands on my face. But this smells so refreshing that I enjoy the overall experience. Plus it so satisfying to see balls of skin roll up. My skin feels super soft and smooth.  This immediately tones up complexion after use. My skin looks visibly brighter clear. Some times when I have some special event coming up I exfoliate my skin prior to makeup application for a smooth canvas.

This Secret Key Lemon Sparkling Peeling Gel retails for 9.80$ on Jolse Website

1 comment:

  1. I liked the foam! I recommend it to all lovers of Asian care and not only! Good korean cosmetics can be found at koreakos.com

    ReplyDelete