Tuesday 18 September 2018

[REVIEW] Heimish All Clean Balm

Share it Please
Even though my favourite type of makeup remover is micellar water I love experimenting with different formulas.
Today I am reviewing (probably one of the most popular) balm cleanser by hemish


I have oily/dehydrated skin so my first reaction to oil based skincare or makeup is  scepticism mixed with fear because ( I break out so easily. Since I heard so many great things about this balm cleanser I was ready to take the risk

Features: 

Multi cleansing that will erase the dark makeup clearly


Contains coconut palm fruit extracts and shea butter
Gently melting on face by skin temperature and cleanse vivid makeup and skin impurities

Starting with the packaging, the somewhat giant tub is packed in a box. The leaves printed with gold details is cute. Heimish changed the packaging of this cleanser lately so now it has a flip lid mechanism instead of screw top lid. Personally I find the flip lid design unique and convenient.

Korean skincare brands often include spatula with their products but most of these spatula end up being lost . Thankfully Heimish solved this problem by attaching the spatula to the protective plastic lid


Now technically speaking this should have looked smooth and untouched but weather in my city is very unstable (hot n cold) so this has changed its shape due to increased temperature.

Ingredients:

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polyethylene, PEG-8 Isostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Freesia Refracta Extract, Iris Versicolor Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Lilium Tigrinum Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Narcissus Pseudo-Narcissus (Daffodil) Flower Extract, Rose Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Boswellia Carterii Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, 1, 2-Hexanediol


After reading the directions I scooped out a dime size dollop , rubbed the balm on the palm of my hands to warm it up. And then applied it to my dry face.  What's interesting about this cleanser is this turns to oil when exposed to temperate and turns milky when mixed with water.


I probably massaged my face a little over a minute as the smooth homogenous texture of the balm /now turned into oil (felt good) and then splashed my face with water to get rid of all the melted makeup. The mild citrusy scent felt so refreshing and calming after a long day at college.

Here is what I noticed:
My skin felt soft and moisturized minus the waxy residue. I didn't feel the need to use a second cleanser afterwards but since I like to double cleanse I just followed it up with my regular foam wash. Personally I think this does a really got job at emulsifying tough , stubborn water proof makeup. It melts makeup without  tugging or much effort. Plus the formula feels gentle on eyes. I accidentally got it in my eyes and it didnt blur my vision or cause irritation .


Honestly I am blow away by the performance of this product. This jar of magic holds 120 ml of product . And since a small amount is required every day . You can probably squeeze a few month of uses out of a single tub. This is suitable for all skin types

You can purchase this at jolse for $ 18

1 comment: