Thursday 13 September 2018

[Review] Moonshot Micro Setting Fit Cushion 201 Beige

Share it Please
So I got my hands on the popular Lisa Cushion aka Moonshot Micro Setting Fit Cushion. Incase you are wondering who is Lisa she is member of Korean Pop music band Black Pink. 


Moonshot is a korean mid range cosmetic brand launched by YG Entertainment. The successful launch of their products (and ofcourse celebrity endorsements) has made them quite popular in the cosmetic industry.


I will start with the packaging which is quite eye-catching. The brand definitely thought out of the box by placing this cushion in galaxy inspired box (lol get the pun? ) I don't think I will ever have the strength to throw away this beautiful packaging.


On opening the box I was met with a beautiful holographic cushion case . I like how they balanced the glittery holo by keeping the sides of case matte black.


Compared to the cushion foundations I have in my stash this plastic case looks slim. This retails for 25.45$ on jolse website which is steep for a cushion because one it doesn't come with a refill and two the plastic feels a little flimsy. There are two shades in the range 101 Ivory and 201 Beige. Even though I have fair skin I picked 201 beige because swatch of shade 101 looked very light for my skin color.


Features
A long-wearing and buildable real fixing cushion foundation
A weightless adherence by Microfit Technology. Infused 10ppm of aqualicia extract which hydrates your skin

How To Use
Use the puff to gently apply from the inner center of the face outwards.

Volume : 12g



There is a  regular size mirror and a pastel purple tear drop shaped ruby cell air puff. The  puff is soft and good quality. The straps are definitely well stitched. I never knew what I was missing out on until I tried out the puff and realized that the shape of tear drop could improve the makeup application considerably. This puff makes  foundation  and concealer application under my eyes and around my nose easy.


When I tore of the seal on the cushion I was so happy to see that shade matched my skin perfectly. The formula has a mild fragrance and is lightweight. Due to its liquid-y consistency it blends really nice without settling into pores and fine lines. This initially feels moist and dewy but after a minute or so the foundation drys down to almost matte finish. So you really don't need powder on top to set this.



The color remains true to its original shade throughout the day. (didn't oxidize to a weird orange color or anything) The coverage is medium and builable. I dont have any pimples on my face at the moment to cover but I applied this over an eyeliner and I could see the hint of line visible underneath the foundation.



This lasted for 7 hours on my face with a little bit of fading on my nose area. ( I have a bad habit of subconsciously touching my nose so the base makeup often tends to rub off by the end of the day) . But the rest of my face looked presentable. My cheeks and forhead looked dewy due to sebum seeping through. But there was no creasing or gross island like texture by the end of the day. I have worn this several times and luckily this didnt clog my pores


This is definitely transferproof and humidity proof. I would suggest wearing this on its own because primer underneath this foundation for some reason accentuate texture of skin. This cushion is definitely a keeper as it its a two in one product ( SPF 50+ PA+++) I only wish that it came with a refill and had a little more product than 12g.

Rating ❤❤❤❤

1 comment: