Sunday 4 October 2020

[Review] plu Body Scrub Berry Mix

Share it Please

 In today's post I will be reviewing a very popular body scrub from a korean brand called PLU. I bought this as a birthday gift for myself. 


PLU actually stands for Pure Life Up. The brand is quite famous for its fragranced bodycare products. While I slap 5-8 skincare products to my face everyday . My body on the other hand is neglected . So I decided to buy this body scrub and get smooth soft skin. 

Containing California almonds, this body scrub exfoliates and hydrates skin, leaving your body feeling firm and radiant. It clears away dead skin cells and impurities to help your skin feel smooth and refreshed. Use this body scrub 1-3 times a week for best results. Do not apply on the face.


Packaging:

This scrub comes in a very basic packaging, I like squeeze tubes over scrubs as they are very hygienic, mess free and easy to store in a shower. This tube contains 200ml of product and has a flip cap to prevent product from spilling out .


Ingredients:

Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder(40,000mg), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Cocamide Methyl MEA, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-9, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Disodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract(20mg), Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Aristotelia Chilensis Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin


The product has a sugar/caramel color and has a very strong fragrance that lingers on even after the shower. I personally like the scent it smells very luxurious like a designer perfume. The granules are small and don't feel abbrasive on the skin . This contains walnut shells ( a very controversial ingredient ) that is exactly why the brand suggests using this only on the body. I have noticed that this forms a nice lather when it comes in contact with water . 




I use this scrub twice a week and I have noticed that this has reduced the kps on my body a lot. Moreover this has aldo reduced the amount of ingrown hair on my body. With consistent use the build up of dead skin cells and acne is reduced and skin looks more healthy and bright. It feel soft and smooth too.

Some scrubs dry out skin or leave micro tears which in turn promotes wrinkle formation and skin aging . But this is relatively hydrating and gentle. I will buy more variants from this brand in future

No comments:

Post a Comment