Saturday 23 April 2022

Essence Cosmetics Review Part 1

Share it Please

Essence is my favorite makeup brand, I live their mascaras . They make hands down the best mascaras you can find in drugstore. I recently bought a bunch of products from their latest launches . So here is my short and quick review on 3 products . Look forward to part 2 of this review where I will be reviewing base and eyeshadow products 


Essence Hello Good Stuff Volume Mascara

The essence HELLO, GOOD STUFF! Volume Mascara is made with 93% natural ingredients! It is formulated with coconut oil and vegetable waxes that nourish and strengthen your lashes.




Essence went vegan and cruelty free at the start of this year. This mascara is part of their vegan line. I bought this one in particular because it contains coconut oil to nourish eyelashes. Starting with the packaging it is simple and minimal. Ths wand is long while the brush is conical in shape. It is slightly thin and has synthetics bristles. Overall I find the shape quite suitable for both small and large eyes. 





The formula of this mascara was initially quite wet and had a very notable coconut scent. I found it very easy to use. It added good volume and length to my eyelashes. Since the formula is not waterproof it flaked a little by the end of the day. It separated my eyelashes and made them look fluffy and defined but as with time the formula began to thicken and it flaked more and became clumpy after 3 months of use and then by the end of 4th month. It was completely dry. Now I don't know if I used up a lot (because this was the only mascara I used for 4 months straight . I wear makeup 6 days a week) or the formula dried up. But I couldn't get any product on my wand . So for me this lasted 4 months. I am not sure if I will buy it again even though I enjoyed it a lot because this dried up pretty fast then usual Essence mascaras. 


Essence Melted Chrome Eyeshadow 06

The eyeshadows with an exciting bouncy texture are reminiscent of melted metal and have a strong pigmentation. With silver, copper, taupe, rosé, nude and blue-violet, the eyeshadows are available in a trendy selection of colours – now there’s no limit to your eye make-up!







I bought this one on a recommendation as a one and done eyeshadow . Unfortunately the eyeshadow broke during transit so it is a bit difficult to use. But I have used this a few times and I am totally shook by the pigmentation and lasting power of this eyeshadow.. the shade is copper burnt orange shade. This has a foiled /metallic shine and really easy to blend. I will buy more shades to try. This is totally worth the buy 


Essence Duo Sharpener

tip top! the handy sharpener has two sides – for thin and jumbo pencils! this way, you can sharpen all your cosmetics pencils in a flash so that they are wonderfully pointy and ready for your next styling session!



Prior to this I was using a cheap less than 1$ sharpener for eyeliner and to be honest it was terrible. It often used to break the nib of nyr eyeliner and create such a mess so I decided to spent a little on something so simple and insignificant and bought this duo Sharpener and this is the best decision I made. It is small and compact. You can easily sharpen regular and jumbo eye and lip pencils. It doesn't break and nibs so you get crisp fresh lines with this .  I already brought a backup of this highly highly recommend 


So this wraps up my review. I will be posting more essence reviews soon on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment