Thursday 4 May 2023

Clio Kill Cover Founwear Cushion All New Set Review

Share it Please

 A renewal version of Kill Cover Founwear Cushion XP that comes with 7 shades and in SPF50+, PA +++ sun protection.



Features 54-hour long-wearing with high coverage and a velvety finish which with nice adherence.


Designed to hug your facial contours seamlessly without caking.


Covers pores and imperfections with fine powder formulas to feature nice coverage to create flawless skin finish.


Water-drop-shaped cushion puff 






I have tried a few cushion foundations from Clio and despite all the hype that surrounds Clio foundations my experience was a mixture of awe and disappointment.   


Starting the packaging . It is compact, slim and has a very modern yet simple design . I love the shiny, reflective packaging makes it look so chic . The puff that comes with the cushion is very soft. Just like a mochi . It does a wonderful job of applying foundation . This foundations compact comes with a refill and a good size mirror.





Clio has been trying to update and expand its shade range for a few years now but despite all that effort the shade 2.5 of foundation was a little too light and pink toned for my skin color . 


This has to be the most moody foundation i have tried to this date. Some days it applies to the skin like a dream and somedays it just slides of the skin when in contact with a setting spray .    






This indeed has a very thin , lightweight formula, the coverage is really good as well. On a good skin day the foundation can last greater than 8hrs on the skin . It maintains it fresh velvet finish through out the day and does not oxidise as the day progresses .







 It was released in the Covid Era and was marketed as a foundation that withstands mask and humidity . I have tested with both with and without mask several time and my results were different every single day. I have noticed that certain sunscreens and skincare product effect the longevity of the cushion for example my tried and tested Espoir Water Splash Sun cream Fresh caused clumping and flaking of my foundation. But the pore control primer made this foundation looks smooth and crease free all day.  It transferred a lot less to my mask that day 


Overall it a good cushion but it requires a bit of trial and error to make this cushion foundation work with my Tretinoin induced Dry skin . This gives beautiful finish when used with certain products . 


I might buy this cushion again in a darker shade. And give it another shot but right now i am not sure how i feel about this cushion foundation. I might update my review in the coming month if i changed my mind about it        





No comments:

Post a Comment