Tuesday 2 October 2018

The 7 day sheet mask challenge (part 1)

Share it Please
I have so many sheet mask in my stash right now and I am afraid that many of them are going to expire soon and end up in my dust bin unless I use them up. So to battle this issue I assigned myself the 7 day mask challenge and picked out 7 different type of sheet mask from my collection and wore them one day after another for 7 days straight.

I kicked off the challenge by starting with something fun and picked up this cool mask by make:prem

Make P:rem Whitening Sauna Mask

This is one of the popular masks by Make:Prem. The foil like designs creates sauna effect. It warms up by trapping the heat from the skin. Which opens the pores and helps the ampoule to penetrate deep into the skin layers. I won this mask in a giveaway ages ago and finally decided to open it today because I was feeling a little bored.
The Make:Prem has a lot more variants in the Wrapping Me series.

the ingredient list is printed both in Hangul  and English,
Inside the packet,  sheet is tightly adhered to the almunium foil so its very convenient to adjust the mask on your face. This is a two part mask. So the fit is really good as you can adjust the pieces according to your face shape.

The Essences/ampoule has water like texture, its transparent and absorbs easily into the skin. There was still a lot of essence left in the packet which I applied to my neck.
I found the adhere and fit of the mask good. This has a mild scent which is pleasant and not overpowering. The recommended time is 10'mins but I wore this for 30 mins . The mask became warm after 5 mins. Since the weather has become nicer. I didnt mind the warm effect at all, Infact it felt nice.

I really enjoyed this mask because it didnt leave any tacky residue on my face, hydrated my skin without causing any breakouts and gave me instant whitening/brightening effect

On Day 2 I used an eye mask by Elizavecca

ELIZAVECCA MILKY PIGGY GOGGLE EYES LOCK IN AQUA MASK

This is a hydrogel sheet exclusively for eyes areas. The sheet is cut out in a goggles design along with eye flaps. Hydrogel mask are great for humid weather as they give cooling effect along with hydration


Thankfully this sheet mask didnt have the characteristic Elizavecca scent. It smelled like flowers to me, mild negligible scent. The cut out design fit my eye shape well. The hydrogel material felt so soft and soothing specially under my eyes. I wore this one for a good 30 mins while I watched an episode of my favourite korean draman the mask didnt slip or slide of my face. It adhered well during the 30 min duration. When I took of the mask my skin looked plump. My under eye area looked supple and hydrated. Most of the tiredness, and dullneee was gone. I am really impressed with this mask. It works really well.

On Day 3 I tried out the So Natural Centella Facial Thin Mask 

Centella is my favourite skincare ingredient and this challenge would have been incomplete without centella. The sheet is very thin. Its sheer and drenched in tons of serum. For a mask with a thin sheet I was expecting the serum to have water like consistency but this surprised me with its some what viscous, hyaluronic acid look alike serum. This made my skin feel soft afterwards, the dry patches were gone my acne looked less red. The serum is a bit on tacky side but nothing heavy on the skin

I particularly enjoyed this sheet mask for its good adherence, and thin sheet.  Plus there was a lot of left over essence which I used on my arms and neck.

I will end this post here as its getting too long, rest of the 4 mask reviews will be posted soon in another blog post. So look forward to it :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post my blogger friend.
    Have a nice day .
    Dilek...

    ReplyDelete