Monday 15 October 2018

[Review] MISSHA Artistool To-Go Kit

Share it Please
Many of you might be aware that I travel back and forth between two cities all year long. I am a minimalist ( a very contradictory lifestyle for someone who blogs) but honestly I prefer taking few deluxe size makeup products when I am on the move.

Today I am reviewing this Professional Artistool To Go kit by Missha. The concept behind this kit is to curate a basic makeup brush set which includes all the essential brushes which one might require when travelling.

This kit contains 5 face brushes and a small white pouch to store them. All brushes come with a separate plastic guard so you dont have to worry about bristles being damaged or disfigured while in your makeup bag.

Starting with ferrule. These are made of plastic and have some weight to them. The matte black exterior looks classy with Missha printed on one end in white.

Let me clarify one thing, this brush set is by no means a flimsy cheap set you get at a Dollar store. The bristles are cut with outmost care and are dense. They pick the product nicely and apply it with precision to the face. The bristles are soft but have firmness to them so when you swipe it on your face it holds its shape.

The handle is short but it feels comfortable to hold. The small size takes less space and makes them very travel friendly.

The kit includes:

  1. Powder brush
  2. Shading and cheek brush
  3. Blending brush
  4. Shadow (base) brush
  5. Shadow (point) brush


I will now do an in-depth review of each brush individually

Starting with the powder brush. This has dense black bristles. Its fluffy and picks loose powder quite well. The small shape makes this handy to set under eye concealer or use this for contouring cheeks.

The shading and cheek brush has soft white bristles. This is great for applying blush or defining  cheek bones. The tappered edge is nice to work on jaw area.

My personal favourite the Blending Brush. I have hooded eyes which means that I have a not existent crease. Big fluffy blending brushes often end up extending the color beyond my natural crease and make me look like a clown but this one is perfect for my tiny  crease area. Plus it defines the nose really nice and works as a highlighter brush as well

The shadow base brush is flat and great for those who have a small lid area. The bristles are firm and pack the pigment onto the lid quite well.

The shadow point brush resembles a pencil brush in many ways. Its pointy tip can be ussd to define under eye area or highlight inner eye corner.

Missha with out any doubt has done an amazing job creating this Artistool To Go kit. My only complain with this set is that the shadow point brush has a cylinderical guard which cant be placed back on as its narrow and crushes the bristles. Other than that this is perfect.

I dont own a professional make up brush set from Sigma or Mac but I do own a decent Makeup brush set from one of the popluar Instagram trending brands. These brushes are definitely great alternative to full size brushes. Even if you dont travel much I would recommend these to those pf you who have hooded eyes because they work amazing on small eye shapes.

You can purchase this MISSHA Artistool To-Go Kit on Jolse at a discounted price

No comments:

Post a Comment