Sunday 7 April 2019

My Current Skincare routine 2019 [ Summer Edition ]

Share it Please
Since the weather has taken an unpleasant turn, it's time to switch up my skincare routine. I have been using suitable moisturizing products for the past few months but due to hot weather and excessive sweating some products are clogging my pores and making my skin more oily


My goal of this current skincare routine is to keep my skin hydrated, but sebum and acne free . For reference I am in my twenties and my skin type is oily+ acne prone. There used to be time when harsh alkaline cleansers and mud mask was all I had in my skincare routine but as I learned more about korean skincare my preferences changed and so did my skin (for the better)
Despite all the 10 steps Korean skincare routine hype I apply certain products on certain days and no I don't have 10 steps nor do I have the time to follow 10 steps.


I will start with cleanser which in my opinion is the most important step . My current choice is Secret key Lemon Sparkling cleansing Foam . This thoroughly removes sebum and dirt from the face. It does dry out the face ever so slightly but since I apply toner straight away it not much of a problem. I do use an oil cleanser to remove makeup from my face but by the time the post is going to be posted I might have finished my balm cleanser


I recently stumbled across this Malaysian skincare brand called Good Virtues Co and I got the brightening facial toner out of sheer curiosity. To my surprised this is actually a very good mild toner plus it has a spray mechanism so you can use this as a setting spray.


I am going to skip serum/essence here because I can't decide what I want to use this month but one of my favorite serum is black rice serum by HaraHaru check my previous blog posts if you are interested :)



I recently got these beautiful G9SKIN Pink Blur Hydrogel Eye Patch 120pcs and these literally are so good plus very economic as well. Can you believe it but there are actually 120 patches in a single container ( cool right) . A detailed review will be uploaded soon on my blog and Instagram.

Isntree Real Mugwort Clay mask
This by far the best clay mask I have ever used. Its cooling, soothing, purifying and hydrating at the same time. I have posted a detailed review (check it here). Highly highly recommend this so good :)


Skincare is incomplete without sunscreen and I recently made a switch to the Leegeeham life sun cushion . I particularly like this because of the convenient packaging .



And lastly the Low Ph Pha Barrier mist by Cosrx. This is my secret to keep the skin cool and hydrated during the day. The mist is fine and feels very refreshing on the skin

So this is all for now. Have you switched yiur skincare routine for the new season tell me in the comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment