Tuesday 11 May 2021

My Favorite Skincare 2021

Share it Please

 I shared my most loved skin care products last year and decided to turn this into a yearly ritual and share my skincare and makeup favorites. 


My skin has been through a lot this year. My year started off with a really bad episode of. Folliculitis, then I ended up with some super stubborn Post Acne PIH. And then my skin started breaking out because of some unknown reason. Right now my skin is not at its best condition but the acne eruptions have calmed down a lot

I will start this post with the order in which I use my products 


I have been through, quite a lot of oil cleansers but the one which left a lasting impression on me has to be the Badskin Hyaluronic Deep Pore Cleansing Oil. The texture is thin like water , you need very little amount to emulsify sunscreen, primer and foundation on the skin. The pore cleansing part is true, I get less clogged pores and sebaceous filaments from using this cleansing oil. Unlike many other cleansing oils I have tried this is completely scent free, washed off completely with water and leaves the skin soft and hydrated.


I really enjoyed the Onsaeemin Deep Cleansing Gel this year but ' Huxley Secret of Sahara Cleansing Gel is the one which stole the show with its luxurious sensory experience with its fresh succulent scent. The gel foams up easily with water. It is thorough yet non stripping on the skin. I am a bit sad about the high price tag but the scent justifies it completely.

I am a big fan of wash off mask, they soothe the skin , clear out the pores.Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask has to be my favourite clay mask. It is non drying, soothing and also gives mild exfoliation to the skin. It is also very easy to wash off as well



I scrub my lips regularly. So that my lipsticks and liptints apply evenly on the lips. The Etude House Choco mint scrub has to be my favourite of all time. Its smells like chocolate ice cream, it is thoroughly moisturizing and makes the lips soft and smooth

Wear mask for longer duration can clog up pores and increase sebum production. BENTON PHA PEELING Toner gently removes the dead cell build up and keeps the skin soft and prepped for makeup. It is greatvfor daily use and the best part has to be the fact that this is completely scent free . 



I have already reviewed in detail The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalene. It is the protagonist of my skin drama ( the knight in shinning armour) .  I wouldn't recommend you jump straight on this high concentration immediately. Build up your skin tolerance to retinol by starting at lower concentration then build it up from there. 


This 10% Niacinamide serum from Tiam is really good for both old and new PIH. I haven't noticed much progress with sebum control but my acne scars have become a lot more light and unnoticeable. 

The Mauve Fantastic Youth Producer Serum is one of the very basic hydrating serums I have tried. I haven't noticed any wow effect from this serum but it works best to prime my skin before makeup



I have tried and review a really long list of creams this year and I enjoyed a lot of them too but now that the weather is warm I like more water based gel like creams. Wonder Honey Green Aqua Bomb Cream by HaruHaru has water like texture. It has a nice floral scent and doesn't pill under makeup



Wrapping up the skincare favourite post with my favourite sunscreen . The Etude House Airy Sunprise Spf 50+ Pa+++ is by far the best physical sunscreen I have tried. It has alcohol in the formula it is so light weight and so easy to apply to the face. I love the tone up I get from this and I also love that this works so well under makeup. 

I will be sharing my makeup favorites next so keep your eyes peeled


No comments:

Post a Comment