Thursday 30 April 2020

Scented Candles: Hunza Candles

Share it Please
So I don't have a very established sense of smell but I do appreciate a well ventilated and good smelling environment. I have a unexplainable attachment to candles since childhood ( was I a moth in my previous life ? I don't know !! ) But I once followed a youtube tutorial on 'How to make your candles at home ' and melted a very expensive set of crayons. My parents never bought me another expensive stationary item after that.


It is so hard to get scented candles in Pakistan. Most of the imported candles from brands like Yankee or Bath and Body Works are sold at a price three times their original value.  ( A price that can't be justify with any sort of reasoning)

I found this brand on Instagram and after a bit of research I placed an order . I picked the two of their most popular scents i.e Lavender and Spiced Apple both of these are double wicked candles. I have noticed that jar candles are more expensive as compared to tower candles


Always trim the wick to 5 mm max/minDon’t burn your candle less than a hour or more than 2 hours

The Spiced Apple was in size medium and came packaged in a really nice glass jar. I was really pleased with the aesthetics. The candle itself looked really beautiful with that jelly red color.

Burn Time: 45-50 Hours
Weight: 260g
Wax: Premium Grade parasoy Wax
Wick: 100% Natural Fiber
Dimensions: 8cmx12cm



Note Profile:
Top: Cinnamon, Clove
Middle: Apple, Almond
Base: Pie Crust, Vanilla, Caramel

DESCRIPTION

The tantalizing aroma of a deliciously fresh donut made with apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
Finely made with slightly spicy pepper and warm apple are rounded out with sweet lavender + Smokey tobacco. This fragrance is phthalate free and contains the essential oils of Cedar, Clove Cinnamon Cassia, and Lemon Peel. 



To me this smells strongly of sweet candy and Apples the scent can be perceived even when candle is unlit. The scent engulfs the whole room within 10-15 mins after the candleg is lit. This is my favorite scent of the two . One thing I have noticed though is that the pepper in it can aggrevate sneezing spells. I  think I will enjoy this one more in winters

The second candle I bought from hunzacandles was  lavender scented.


Fragrance infused with natural essential oils including Lavender. Our Lavender fragrance is a unique, purifying and calming scent of lavender flowers.
Beyond its appealing aroma, lavender has been shown to help relieve insomnia, stress, and anxiety

Burn Time: 23-26 Hours
Weight: 190g
Wax: Premium Grade Parasoy Wax
Wick: 100% Natural Fiber
Dimensions: 7cmx7.5cm



I am not a fan of floral scents so initially this didn't go well with me. To me it smelled pungently of bitter herbs and men cologne but once I lit the candle a few times the scent  started to grow on me after a while. It is refreshing and soothing with a hint of forest like scent / wood maybe.

Note Profile:
Top: Bergamot, Lemon
Middle: Lavender
Base: Cedar

The smaller jars in my opinion don't have a very impressive packaging. The top lid was loose and I didn't like the quality. This candle has a lovely purple color with a bit of lavender frosty pattern running through


I would recommend you to try these if you like scented candles. These are pretty well made and most importantly hand poured. The prices are a bit steep for a local brand . So purchasing at the time of sale can help you save a few bucks

Would I buy these again ?  Yes I want to try more scents but for now I will give my ppor wallet a much needed break

No comments:

Post a Comment