Thursday 23 April 2020

Korean Glass Skin : Glowing Primers Comparison + Review

Share it Please
A collective review of some good korean primers that can help you achieve that translucent glowing skin with makeup.


I have oily/ dehydrated skin which leans towards dry side in winters and becomes a crazy oil field in summer . So my face in summer initially looks dewy but as the day goes on it becomes extremely greasy 


Today I will be doing a comparison review of three makeup primers that have worked for my skin

VDL Lumilayer primer

I will start with VDL Lumilayer primer. This has been around for the longest time and is without any doubt the best-selling product of VDL . It is described as an illuminating primer with blue and red pigments to give a healthy glow to the face

Quantity 35 

Price 15-17$ 

This is an emulsion but has a bit of that gel like property to it. So it's not deeply moisturizing. The blue and red pigments collectively give icy lavender sheen to the face. The particles are not big or chunky but you can definitely see the shimmer particles.


From my perspective this is a primer that works for all skin types. If you have dry skin then I recommend using an extra layer of moisturizer underneath. The packaging is luxe and beautiful. the bottle is constructed out of glass so it is not travel friendly. I recommend purchasing this from online Stores like Jolse / Yesstyle because you can get it at a really good price

Peach C Peach Glow Makeup Base

This is brand of popular Beauty vlogger from Korea Haneul . This particular primer is designed to smooth out pores and give a peachy glow to the face.

Price: 8$- 14$

Quantity: 35ml

The tube has a beautiful peach gradient effect. Its slim, beautiful and prefect for traveling. The product itself smells of peaches. The texture leans more towards a light weight cream and has a slight peach color to it . It's easy to blend into the skin .


I found this one to a tab bit more moisturizing than the VDL primer. This looks lilac when swatched on the hand/skin but once you apply foundation on top the tinge is replaced with a beautiful glow.

I have noticed that this indeed smooths out the skin and improves the appearance of pores. Usually highlighter and glitters tend to amplify any imperfections but the shimmer particles are really fine so they give a lit from within glow

Heimish Artless Glow Base SPF50+ PA+++ 

The only primer in today's review that works as a primer and a sunscreen. This is described as a luminous sun base to that gives a naturally glowing skin

Quantity: 40 ml

Price : 15-18 $

The packaging beautiful. This has a luxurious looking rose gold cap. The squeeze tube packaging is very convenient for traveling


Compared to all the other primers that I have mentioned this is very moisturizing to a point that you might call it a bit greasy/oily

This is one of the many reasons I prefer using this in winters under a matte foundation



This gives pearlscent finish to the skin. The shimmer particles reflect the light hence the glowing effect. I nearly out of this primer and despite my oily skin. I have enjoyed using this one a lot. This works as a 2 in product so I can totally skin my sunscreen. There is no white cast and it does not pill under foundation. I love to use this with my VDL Perfect Lasting Foundation. I get a beautiful dewy finish that lasts whole day. If you have dry skin you will be able to use this all year-long. For oily skin gals winter is the best time

So that wraps up my  comparison review. I hope you found this post helpful in some way.




No comments:

Post a Comment