Thursday 9 July 2020

[Review] COSRX BHA BLACKHEAD POWER LIQUID

Share it Please
I am posting a one year post usage update/review on this cult favourite product from Cosrx. I got this a year ago on sale for just 12$ from Jolse. For many people this a HG ride or die product


The packaging is simple. A slightly frosty tall plastic bottle with pump. The pump is pretty good and it doesn't spit out the product like many other pump bottles you get in the market .

Quantity: 100 ML




Features:

BHA Blackhead Power Liquid gets rid of dead skin cell and blackhead within the pores and prevents oxidized sebum from turning into blackheads. BHA Blackhead Power Liquid has mixed a natural BHA ingredient, Betaine Salicylate, at 4% and you can witness your skin get smoother and glossy as time goes by, as well as it light texture.


SO there are 3 popular chemical exfoliants Namely AHA ( Alpha Hydroxy Acids ) these work on the surface of the skin to remove dead skin cells. Then comes BHA ( beta hydroxy acids ) these can go deep into the pores to dislodge the stubborn /clingy dead cells. It also clears out pores and reduces blackhead formation. Then there is PHA ( and I honestly don't know much about it except for the fact that is the gentle one out of the 3 chemical exfoliants )


COSRX BHA BLACKHEAD POWER LIQUID contains BHA ( 4% Betaine Salicylate) mixed in Willow bark water. This looks water like in the bottle (the liquid is clear ) But once you dispense it on your palm . It feels a bit oily. There are two ways to apply this . Either pat this into the skin with your hands or pump the product onto a cotton pad and then swipe it across the skin .


I prefer the cotton pad method ( even though a small fraction of product is wasted on each application ) because I dont like this somewhat bitter smelling liquid on my hands.  Another point worth mentioning is that this  feels heavy/greasy on the skin so on a hot humid day you might not enjoy this on your skin for long.


I have tried using this is in smaller quantity but the greasy/sticky feeling remains. So i usually apply this to my face and leave it for 4 hrs and then wash my face before goinv to bed. I have noticed that this liquid with continuous use unplugs clogged pores. It also reduces sebaceous filaments and blackheads and regulates sebum production.

I have been using this for a solid 1 year now ( 3 times a week ) and this clears up congestion on my skin every single time. I have also read a very interesting article on fiddy snail blog on how to reduced black heads using this liquid along with a clay mask and I will testify that it is very effective ( you will have to check her post to know more )

Do I recommend this product ? Yes 100% . It is effective , it is affordable and the hype is real. You can buy this from Jolse here (COSRX BHA BLACKHEAD POWER LIQUID )

No comments:

Post a Comment