Saturday 13 February 2021

[Review] Goodal Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Serum

Share it Please

So I had this popular serum in my skincare cabinet for over an year but never got around to using it until the start of this year 2021 when my skin messed up all of a sudden and I ended up with a constellation of scars on my face.  If I correctly remember my purchase was heavily influenced by all the raviews I found online so my expectations were very high with this product


Available only 4 weeks out of the year, green tangerines contain 10 times more vitamin C than mature tangerines. The vitamin C used in this collection, ascorbyl glucoside, is stable against light and non-irritating. Combined with arbutin (natural skin brightener) and niacinamide (vitamin B), the Vita C serum and cream work to provide long-lasting hydration and a brighter, more even skin tone. Great for all skin types, including sensitive.


I have tried multiple vitamin C serums over the course of 4 years but a serum containing 75% Green Tangerines extract was entirely new for me


 Ingredients

Water, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycereth-26, Niacinamide, Arbutin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Panthenol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Choleth-24, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Adenosine, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Disodium EDTA, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract, Glycerin, Madecassoside, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Asiaticoside, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract


Vitamin C serums are notorious for their very unstable nature and short shell life but this is different. The texture is gel like and is not affected by air or light whatsoever. According to the reviews shared online many people saw visible difference within 2 weeks time. If you analyze the ingredients list you will notice that the first ingredient listed is water followed by butylene glycol, three lines down and you can see niacianamide, arbitin and tangerine extract . There are some acne causing ingredients like essential oils further down the list so if you have sensitive skin beware


The packaging is a really heavy glass bottle with pastel green pump and a cap. Overall the packaging is beautiful but a little impractical for a clumsy person like me

The serum is gel like, it is ver yeasy to spread and I need only two pumps to cover my entire face . It leaves a slight tacky residue which makes this works great as a primer for my foundation and helps it to adhere better to my skin. It also keeps it hydrated during the day. Many gel creams and serums tend to pill when layered under makeup or other skincare products but this remains same through and through. 


I have been using this for 6 weeks now (I have used up half of the bottle already) and here is what I have noticed. First off this is really good at hydrating the skin. Specially in winters when the skin is flakey and dry this really fixes that issues. Secondly this doesn't oxide or change color like other vitamin C serums. In terms of brightening skin tone and lightening PIH I haven't noticed any major difference unfortunately. I feel like this is more off a slow working product that requires a lot of time to show results. Compared to other Vitamin C serums like Purito or The Ordinary I haven't experienced any skin irritation at all so I am really thankfully about that but for scars I didn't notice any laudable progress unlike the Ordinary Vitamin C suspension which healed and lightened my scars in just one week . 


I like this serum and would buy it again for its hydration and makeup primer properties but for my acne scars and PIH I will pick something else that is strong and more effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment