Wednesday 6 November 2019

One Brand Review : RiRe

Share it Please
Today I will be doing a brand review of Rire as I have a few makeup products from the brand and thought it would be better if I review all of them in a single post


I grabbed this only because of the beautiful glittery outer cover. Who can resist the glittery stars floating in a water like base

RiRe is korean brand that I have never heard of . So I didn't had any expectations in my mind. But since the packaging and reviews looked good I bought the cushion



RIRE LUCENT STAR CUSHION

The packaging is actually unusuall. It is rectangular . The mystery was solved when I opened the case. There was a cushion and a cream blush / lipstick duo. Though the case is bulky but since its a 3 in 1 product it actually saves up a lot of space ( I.e if you like the colors )


Since the cushions can be removed you can easily replace it with a refill. So that is eco friendly to some extend. I liked the big rectangular mirror . It is really good quality



I have this in shade #23 which unfortunately in my case turned out to be quite dark. If I ignore the shade part. I liked the dewy finish this gave to my skin. The coverage is more on the medium to sheer side but it does cover up imperfections to some extend. Since its very dewy it smudges easily too so you do need to set it with powder if you have oily skin



Lip and cheek duo is pretty too. The colors are feminine and wearable but they do smudge and shift easily so they require setting powder on top as well. I would probably gives this 4/5 since its not that long lasting and the color turned out to be quite dark for my skin


The concealer part turned out to be quite a disappointment. The color looked salmon/ orange  looked more like a color corrector than a concealer . Moreover the texture felt very dry and unworkable. It accentuated dry patches, exaggerated creases and made my skin look uneven and awful. There aren't that many products that have disappointed me in the past but this is seriously the worst purchase I have ever made. 0/5 without any hesitation =(



The RiRe Luxe Volume Tint is a long-lasting lip tint that stains the lips and makes them look juicy and plump. For some odd reason this has a herbal scent which wears off with time. The color is a orange red ( somewhat brick red  ) the formula is really easy to spread and looks very pretty as a gradient. Most of the times lip tints tend to make the lips look dry and cracked but it remains moist and leaves a stain too. I would give this one 5/5



Lastly I will be reviewing the RiRe Dual metallic eyeshadow. A lot of brands released these dual eyeshadow palettes which made eyemakeup application look like a dream. I tend to struggle a lot with my eye makeup. So I was hoping this would just give my a really cool smoky look in just one swipe but the light pigmentation made my dream fall flat. No matter how hard I swiped the tiny flat rectangular brush, the color came off pretty light on my eyelids and the only thing I could see on my lids was a lot of unidentified shimmer.  Though this duo failed its purpose I still think that it is actually good for a minimal eye look. I would give this one 4/5 for its tiny brush and slim packaging




Overall I think RiRe is a good brand and I would probably buy more products from them in future. And I will also be purchasing a refill in shade #21 for the cushion ( I hope the color matches me )

No comments:

Post a Comment