Tuesday 15 October 2019

[Review] Holika Holika x Peko Hard Cover Glow Cushion

Share it Please
This cushion was release in 2018 and I have been considering purchasing this ever since. I finally bought this from yesstyle and after using this for two weeks here is my review


The packaging is super cute but that is not what made me buy this cushion. Its actually the dew factor along with coverage that piqued my interest


A limited-edition cushion foundaton with SPF50+ PA+++ protection to create dewy, glowy skin that feels moisturized.
A special collection featuring one of the most popular and adorable characters from Japan, Fujiya Peko, is launched.
This cushion is enriched with double moist serum and aloe vera leaf water, leaving skin moisturised and glowing.
With the help of Full Barrier™, powerful broad spectrum SPF50 protects skin from free radical damage and ensures skin's barrier stay intact.


This collection comes in 4 colours that match a broad range of skin tones.

I totally love the creative milk cartoon packaging. I will admit that it is taking a lot of extra space in my cupboard but I just can't throw the box out


Inside the milk cartoon you can see the individually packed cushion and cushion case. The case is actually very sturdy and has a nice mirror.  The cushion puff has a Peko design printed on it


The cushion itself is very interesting. This cushion is full of surprises I must add. The floral pattern embossed on it so pretty. I dipped my fingers in the cushion ( a very unhygenic thing to do ) and was totally shook by the moisturizing/ liquidy formula


There are 4 shades in the range I picked 02 petal ( I looked like a closer match for my skin on online swatches)

So I have oily skin  and many sane people who have oily skin avoid base product that says glow/ moisturizing . But since I am bit of a risk taker and I have enjoyed a few glowy foundations in the past I decided to try this version. The puff is soft and picks the product easily. I didnt have a hard time blending the foundation on my face


The glow part is 100% real as soon as I applied it to my face I could see the unmistakable sheen on my face. It looked beautiful and clear ( just like glass ) but since I know how treacherous my sebaceous glands are I knew that the glow will soon transform into a greasy mess so I immediately applied a thin layer of translucent powder on top. Even after a light dusting of powder the glow was still there a little mutted but it still made my skin look fresh and healthy


In terms of coverage this gives buildable medium coverage. The cushion lasted pretty well on my face. Though my face did turn oily after four hours but it looked nice and smooth after blotting. I wore this cushion foundation for 8 hrs and by the end of the day my face looked pretty decent. There was no harsh texture or dry spots on my face. I have to blot my face more than usual but thanks to the translucent powder the foundation didn't transfer or slide around



I am honestly really impressed with this cushion. It is indeed one of the best I have ever tried. The floral scent is pleasant. The formula is nice for cooler weather. I am only worried about the refill part as this is a limited edition cushion and I don't know if I can fit any other cushion refill in the case

No comments:

Post a Comment